It is a quiz night with your children and you have just found a great selection of tricky riddles with answer for children. The answers are very funny, and the questions, well, some of them are tricky to understand. I am sure once you read the first 2 or 3, you will get in the flow.
I added all riddles with answers so you have a direct game night, if you want.
For the travel-addicted, check out my travel trivia riddles – both for beginners and globetrotters.
How to play Tricky Riddles with Answers
Simply read out the question and let everybody write down the answer. You can as well set a time limit, for instance 30 seconds for each answer.
You can either go through every answer one by one, or you can first let everybody answer all of them.
On top of that, you can give points for each correct answer. Be creative and play around a bit.
I also took the liberty of organizing these riddles and puzzles with solutions a bit. Below you will find easy riddles for children as well as a bit more advanced ones.
All Tricky Riddles with Answers – The easier ones
1. How many months of the year have 28 days?
All of them! Every month has *at least* 28 days.
2. What two things can you never eat for breakfast?
Lunch and Dinner.
3. What is easy to get into but hard to get out of?
4. What is something that you can easily hold in your right hand but never in your left hand?
Your left elbow.
5. I am so simple, that I can only point yet I guide men all over the world. What am I?
6. Michelle’s parents have three daughters: Su, Si and…?
7. People have stepped on me, but not many. I never stay full for long. I have a dark side. What am I?
8. I am made to absorb, and I can hold liquid even though I am full of holes. What am I?
9. What five letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?”
Short. It becomes short+er
10. What has a face and two hands but no arms or legs?
11. If a brother, his sister, and their dog weren’t under an umbrella, why didn’t they get wet?
It wasn’t raining.
12. What is so fragile that saying its name breaks it?”
13. I have one head, one foot, and four legs. What am I?
14. During what month do people sleep the least?
February. It’s the shortest month.
15. What word is spelled wrong in every dictionary?
16. What can you catch but not throw?
17. You can touch me, but I can’t touch you back. You can see me, but I only reflect you and can never reject you. What am I?
18. What goes up and never comes down?
19. I am always running, but never get tired or hot. What am I?
20. The more you take the more you leave behind. What are they?
21. What goes up and down but never moves?
22. Everyone has it and no one can lose it; what is it?
23. I can be red or blue—I am always changing. I can ruin your day or lift you up. I am always with you except when you sleep. What am I?
More Tricky Riddles with Answers for Children
I have to admit, some of the riddles are a bit harder than others. So I took the liberty to organize them a bit more. Here you find all the harder to solve riddles for kids. As always, I added the answers/ solutions as well. Otherwise, it would be frustrating for you, right? Up to you if you want to guess first, or get the answer instantly.
24. I have seven rings made of rock and ice, but you cannot wear them on your fingers. They are way, way too big. What am I?
25. I have seas with no water.
I have forests with no wood and trees.
I have deserts without sand.
I have houses with no brick.
What am I?
26. I am light and seem to have no substance at all. But even the strongest person in the world can’t hold me for very long. What am I?
27. I touch the earth, I tough the sky. But if you touch me, you will surely die. What am I?
28. Three doctors say that Jimmy is their brother. Jimmy says, he has no brothers. Who is lying?
No one. All three doctors are female, therefore Jimmy has no brothers, but the doctors have one.
29. 10 Fish are in a tank.
- 2 drown
- 4 swim away
- 3 die
How many fish are left in the tank?
30. What 4-letter word can be written forward, backward and even upside down, and call still be read from left to right?
Do you want even more Funny Riddles?
Check out my travel trivia questions. I added her simple travel related questions for beginners as well as advanced globetrotter questions.
For even more trivia and riddles, check out Kahoot!
Kahoot! is a free online game that you can play with your family. Everybody needs a smartphone or you can team up in groups too. There is hundreds of topics that you can search for. You can sign up for free and simply discover every possible topic.
Good to know: Kahoot is actually designed to be an online learning game for schools. So besides finding funny riddles on Kahoot, you can also find educational material for your kids. For instance, they can learn math, geography and so much more.
Check it out, I personally love it!
Here is a simple video on how to play Kahoot! with your kids and family.
No Smartphone or simply do not want to use it? In the video below you will see you can play it also without the new gadgets.